Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V5 ref-ref links, part not showing changes upon open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rileyman

Automotive
Feb 23, 2004
GB
Hi

I am working with a collegue whose model i am referencing using a ref-ref link between two catparts (not in a product)
I am using some data from his part with links to drive a surface in my model.
The files are stored in a directory together, we are not using any form of PDM.
My problem is that i can have my part open and use edit links to open my collegues part and syncronise and update fine. Then i close only my collegues part and carry on work on my part. He then informs me that he has changed his geometry, and saved his CATPART, so i again open his part with edit links - open pointed doc but i still get the old data.
Is the model stored somewhere that i don't know like a CATPART cache (not dmu cache)?
When i have closed his CATPART i can still see it on the desk view.

Is there anyway to unload a pointed document so that i can be sure to get the new data?

At the moment to get his new data i have to also close my pert and then re-open.

I'm using r11 sp5 on a Sun.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

We do know this pb for a long time, we raised a PMR I hope DS is working on that...

The only way to remove that loaded and closed part from memory is to close CATIA. Cleaning CATSetting or other file is not necessary.

Sorry about that, I know it is not the solution you are waiting for but I guess it's the only one available so far.

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back