Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V5R12 - Sketcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

DVE

Jul 1, 2003
US
Hi Everybody,

When using the sketcher, it is sometimes difficult to make the difference between the objects belonging to the sketcher plane and the objects "in the background" ?

Is there then a possibility to hide the elememts (or filter) in the backgrounds ? (Of course, without to have to go and select the elememts in the tree as it can be then very time consumming for a very big model)

Thanx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When I have that problem I often just rotate my view in the sketcher so I can get a feel for what is actually in the plane. But you're right, when it gets confusing you don't want to go around hiding all the objects. Hope rotating your view will help.

Greg

You can use the "Cuts part by sketch plane" icon (first icon on my tools toolbar - a blue surface cut by a red grid).

This hides everything in front of the sketch plane, but if you use the "Normal View" command (on the view toolbar) to flip the sketch orientation and then activate the cut part command and then flip the view normal back again, you will see that it hides everything in the part behind the sketch plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back