Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

V5R16: Convert CATProduct to CATPart

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot0511

Aerospace
Jun 26, 2006
Hello all people,
I import STEP file from another CAD system into CATIA V5 R16 then I need to send to customer as one CATPart. When I import STEP file it creates a CATProduct with numerous CATParts. This is not accepted by my customer.
Reading documentation to convert CATProduct to CATPart you select Tools -> Generate CATPart from Product . .
In V5R16 I do not see this option.
In V5R14 I do see this option, therefore to satisfy customer I import STEP file into R14 to create a CATPart then load into V5R16 to save at this level.

My question, is there an option which I need to switch on within R16 to use the Tools -> Generate CATPart from Product . . . ?

Operating System is Windows XP SP2, CATIA V5 R16 SP4.

Anybody had this problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi there

You have to set the environment variable

IRD_PRODUCTTOPART = 1

in windows and you will get this option in the assy design module.

PeterGuy,

Quote "Product ro Part is also an ASD function not an AS1 one." We gave XM2 configuration which contains AS1.

Problem still exists.

Thanks.

XM2 contains ASD not AS1 so you should have the product to part function available. i would suggest deleting your catsetting and see if that improves things.

you can just do it in Assembly design workbench. you get tool menu then select "generate catproduct to catpart" than u pick top assembly at the menu. you follow instruction then u get it... thanks for question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back