Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vacuum Sewer System in HDPE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineerd

Civil/Environmental
Apr 24, 2006
US
I asked this same question a few months ago, but didn't get any responses. I am designing a vacuum sewer system out of 6" HDPE SDR 11 pipe. The service lines from individual homes are 2" HDPE SDR 11. AirVac recommends connecting the service line to the main with a 6"x6"x2" HDPE 45deg. wye. In the future, as more houses connect to the system we will have to connect new services. I would like to do this without having to shut down the system and cut into the main to install the 6x6x2 wye. Does anyone know of a 2" 45deg. electrofusion saddle or a repair clamp/sleeve with a 2" 45deg. nipple? Other suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

wow, I guess due to me not being familiar with same 2" sounds like some very small sewer pipe, particularly if this is unsetttled sewage (if you have not already done so, you might want to confirm jurisdictional requirements)

I would cut the line and add wyes as services are added. You would just have to shut the main vacuum station down for a few minutes to make make the tie-in. I am curious as to why you are using a vacuum sewer system?

This is an above ground aluminum utilidor system in a small village in Alaska. The soils are too poor to do gravity or buried sewer lines. Our best option right now is to fabricate a 6"x2" HDPE 45 deg wye with a flange adapter on the 2" branch. We are going to install these fittings at each lot with a blind flange on the services that aren't going to be connected right away. When future services are needed (new homes) we will just cut into the main and install the same fitting with EF couplings. Thanks for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back