Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Validation of Antisurge Valve of a Centrifugal Compressor using Dynamic Simulation in Aspen HYSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqasmanzoor

Chemical
Nov 10, 2014
PK
Dear All,

I have to validate an Antisurge Valve of a centrifugal compressor using Dynamic Simulation in Aspen HYSYS. Does anyone have worked on a similar project?

Also I have to specify initial tuning parameters for the Antisurge controller. Please advise specifically for Aspen HYSYS software.

I am new to these types of calculations. Therefore, I reverted to this forum like I did for many of the other process engineering calculations :)

Thank you :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Waqas,

I have done the simulation for CO2 and synthesis compressor at ammonia/urea plant.

First you have to run the compressor in steady state using compressor curves data reproducing the operating conditions
Once steady state compressor simulation with curves is achieved. Insert the anti-surge valve and provide all the dynamic parameters.

Do note that the tuning parameter you supply to controller in hysys may differ from actual plant parameter. But it will give you an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back