Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Valve test benches 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altoca

Mechanical
May 7, 2003
VE
Hi.
I am interested in finding Valve test benches designed for seat leakage and body testing of all kind of valves. It could be new or used.
Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Suggest you call a few valve manufacturers and see what they use if you are referring to ball, gate, plug, etc. type valves. Would not be surprised if they build it themselves as the test instruments would be similar to that used to hydro test piping.

As a point of interest, check the test times listed in either API 6D or ASME B16.34. Not very long.

If you are talking about testing PSV set points then most people try to test in place. For small valves install external valves. For large pilot operated valves buy a test kit for the valve.

For testing the flow capacity of PSVs I do not know anyone who performs this type of testing after it is in service.

DeLuca Test Equipment builds Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) Test Equipment. The Test Benches are Custom Built for Site Specific applications. The Test Equipment is built to suit your requirements for Size and Type Connections (Typical 1/2" to 2" NPT Threaded & 1" to 6" Flanged), Test Fluids (Steam, Air and/or Water), Pressure Range (Typical 15 psig to 1500 psig, but Vacuum to 3500 psig are available).

Many Owner/Users make a practice of Testing ASME Sec. I, Boiler Valves (Drum & Superheater) in place utilzing Auxiliary Lift Devices. Such Equipment is very expensive and typically rented along with a qualified Technician to Operate it. However, the National Board of Boiler & Presure Vessel Inspectors administers a program for Pressure Relief Valve Repair (NBIC RA-2200, "VR" Stamp Program) which permits Owner User Testing of ASME Sec. VIII, Process Steam PRVs on Air. We have many clients who choose this option, including 10 Nuclear Plants, several Pharmaceutical Plants and numerous Petro Chemical Operations.

This Test Equipment can be utilzed for Pilot Operated Relief Valve Testing as well as Spring Loaded PRVs. The Liquid Test Bench is also capable of hydrostatically testing Manual Valves (Gates, Globes & Checks) as well as seat tightness testing.

I hope this information is helpful. The e-mail address is

alton@delucatest.com

J. Alton Cox
President
DeLuca Test Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back