Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable Cambered wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mklt

Mechanical
Apr 20, 2003
US
I start with a NACA 0012 wing cross section. I then can magically curve the chord line to form an smooth arch around the 30% so that the leading edge is much like a droop nose and the aft magic chord forms to a 15 Deg. slope at the 66% pt and about a 30% slope at the trailing edge.

Can anyone suggest on where I might or how to calculate the Coefficients and info needed to use such wing? Do I need to develop a wind tunnel profile or can this be calculated?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Mklt !!

You only need to download the designfoil demo (full functional but for 30 days)at then you could "deform" your NACA 0012 or another airfoil mean line.
(In this case is the chord line)

The program will calculate for you the lift/drag and moment
polar with the A of A and reynolds Number you select. Also it give to you the choice of laminar or turbulent flow. Is very easy to use.

Regards
Mohr

Thanks Mohr!

Looks like an awesome program. Did you have any thing to do with the program?

Thanks again
Mklt

Yes Mklt:

I did an airfoil performance estimation at Low Reynolds
Number because all measurements done by NACA begin with
RN= 3.000.000

I was working with small airfoil section at RN between
500.000 and 1.000.000.

To ckeck the data acquired I did comparision with some data found in a technical report, about airfoil working at low RN.The results was acceptable.
Regards

Mohr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back