Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable Section Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMERYOUNOS

Mechanical
Sep 11, 2001
GB
Hi
I want to cut around a solid base with variabe sections.I can do with constant section using command "cut-sweep".
can anyone help.
thanks.
omer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try using a sweep with guide curves. If you need to control the section at different points along a trajectory, use a loft.

Your terminology and previous posts suggest that you have experience with Pro/E. You could compare use of guide curves in a sweep to Pro/E's "variable section sweep". However, SW limits to two guide curves.

[bat]On justice and on friendship, there is no price, but there are established credit limits.[bat]

QUOTE:
<However, SW limits to two guide curves>

I am not aware of any such limitation. ASFIK, you can have an unlimited number of guide curves for a sweep. I just made one with 3 guide curves.

Sorry. My surface game is a bit rusty. Sweeps allow multiple guide curves, but for orientation control, one is restricted to using 1st or 2nd guide curves.

One thing I would like to see is a feature similar to Pro/E's variable section sweep.

[bat]Someday, someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.[bat]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back