Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable Table Decimal Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUdesigner

Aerospace
Jun 24, 2003
US
I want to display more than two decimal places in the Variable Table for a scalar value. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Chad Richardson

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Certainly it is!
You have to open the File Properties panel that is in Menu-->File.
Then, go to the Units Tab and set the precision value of the Lenght Readout to the number of decimal digits that you prefer.

The variable table will adapt itself to the same display precision.

Regards,

Fernando Frullini
CAD Dept Mgr
Fameccanica.data
email frullini.f@fameccanica.com

Fernando,

Thanks, this fixed my angle dimensions, but my scalars are still only showing two decimal places. Any other options?

Thanks

Chad Richardson

Fernando is right. Under the properties and units tab, if you set your length readout and angle readout to the desired decimal places, this will change them in the varible table.

If you're still having a problem with this, you may want to call support. There may be something else going on.

Fernando, littlef8,

I think what Chad meant was the scalar value. Please click the Unit Type (in the variable table) and scroll to the bottom, you'll find it.
Chad,
May I know why do you need the scalar to have more than 2 decimals places?

Fernando,

I am working on an airplane wing and I have a given chord at the center of the aileron. I set the the aileron gap as a function of the aileron chord. This is a small and high tolerance dimension. For example I can multiply my ratio of 0.0135 by 100 to get 1.35 and do the division in the other expression, but I would still like to have at least one more decimal place. Do you know why the scalar value can not be specified like length and area?

Thanks,

Chad Richardson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back