Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variation of same part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

progeek

Mechanical
Jan 1, 2001
US
I'm new to Solidedge so I will be asking many questions on this thread. What is the process for making variation of the same part; ie length, width, hieght? Do I make a table in excel and import or a dedicated table in Solidedge? or? Right now I am going for a variation in length which I will import & pattern. Is there a way to search previous posts for the answer?
TIA,
Dale

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it is just one variable (length) you are modifying use the variable table. If it is more than a few, go with an excel sheet.

I have used an excel table, and linked values (about 25 for a part) to the variable table in solid edge.
Then, using revision manager, I create copies of that part, which can be modified using the assigned cell in excel for the length variable.
Do this by opening the part file, and then opening the variable table under the tools tab.
Right click on the cell in excel, and select copy.
Then, right click on the "link" cell in the variable table, and select paste link.
You should then see a file path pasted into the variable table.

From this point on, that variable will be controlled by the excel sheet.

-av8errr
Solid Edge ST3 MP5
xw4600
3GB RAM
Core2Quad CPU 3.00GHz
NVIDIA Quadro FX4800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back