VB Journal help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty239

Automotive
Jan 4, 2007
CN
Hi Everyone
any help on the following would be greatly appreciated. I have a main drawing file with my 3D assembly as a child. after I have created the bill of material and locked it. I would like to have a program read each components name and it's callout and write that to a text file. then I would like the program to read the component name, make it the displayed part and write the detail number as an attribute called DET. all automatic of course LOL any help would be really appreciated as said early. I would do this with GRIP really easy but the assemblies have file names exceeding 32 characters which is why I am looking at a journal to do it. Again any help would be great

Smitty

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's an NX document called "SNAP and NX/Open for GRIP Lovers" or something like that. For each GRIP command, it tells you how to do the same thing with SNAP, or NX/Open, or standard VB.NET functions. So, if you know how to do this in GRIP, then, by using the document, you can probably figure out how to do it using the more contemporary tools. That's the idea, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back