Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB.NET Makro Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

benni1000

Mechanical
Jun 22, 2004
DE
Hi @all!
I'm trying to create some helpfull makros for Solid Edge. I've not found a description for all the funktions from SDK right now. Where can I find one?
Specialy I'm searching for the Object of the reference-coordinate system in Sketch-Mode. I'd like to all a dimension between ref.coord.system and a line.
Any ideas?
Benni

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi cabUK!
Yes I have that Prog.-Guide. But I could nod find that referenz Object. I think it is nececarry to use the "AddDistanceBetweenObjects" function. But therefore I have to Know that Object that discribe the reference-axis.
Benni

If it does not give any info in the guide then I am not sure that I can be of to much assistance. I have only done programming to do with copying files and draft files.

I dont know if you are aware but there is a newsgroup that is dedicated specifaclly to programming solid edge. This would be a good place to ask your question.

I dont know if this is allowed but here is how to find it.

To get access to this open outlook express.
1. Goto TOOLS > ACCOUNTS
2. Click the ADD button > NEWS - You should get a internet connection wizaed dialog box.
3. Enter your name
4. Enter your e-mail address
5. When prompted to enter the News(NNTP)Server enter the following: bbsnotes.ugsolutions.com
6. In the folders section there should be the bbsnotes.ugsolutions.com
7. Right click on it and then select newsgroups.
8. You can then scroll down and select the solid_edge.programming group.

If you already know about this then I will try to have a play and see if I can come up with the answer otherwise the users of this group should be of some help.

If do not know about this and have any trouble in getting access to this let me know and if necessary I will place a post for you.

Hope this helps

Craig Brunton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back