Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vendor for Transparent Pressure vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

chem55

Chemical
Aug 28, 2003
CA
Hi,

Can anyone suggest me the vendor for transparent pressure vessel?

The propane gas will be pressurized at 160psi pressure in the pressure vessel of 13inch (diameter)x 5ft long.

Thanks,
Chem55

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may look for ASME Mfrs using Sec X, pressure vessels made of fiberglass and other non-metalic ASME.org
There are several in the State of Texas, US
ER

Out of curosity, what is this for?

I personally wouldn't want to have propane at this pressure in something like this (visions of glass run through my head when I see 'transparent' though I know there are other materials out there as an option).

Hi TD2K:

I need to visualize the process inside the pressure vessel so thats the reason I'm looking for Transparent Pressure vessel.
I also had Plexiglas in my mind but I’m afraid if I tight the bolts to fix the flanges, the Plexiglas will crack.
I checked with vendors for thick clear PVC but they said I can't use PVC for gas. PVC is only for liquid chemicals.

Could you pls suugest me what other materials are there as an option?

Thnaks,
Chem55

Call Graham Mfg and ask for Lance F (I won't give his whole name here) in the test lab. Graham has a lab where they do vacuum training, and in order to see the process, they have glass heat exchangers, etc. They might be able to give you some guidance as to where the "getting place" is for that kind of equipment

maybe try FEA or similar software simulation- it won't blow you up! or a webcam inside? ;-)

Or how about a metallic vessel with flanges sight glasses?
[one to let light in/one to look in]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back