Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vent valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethw

Mechanical
Sep 29, 2003
US
I've come across a situation in a hospital where the newly installed boilers are not fitted with any type of valving on top for venting. The riser pipes are there but they are capped. Venting is now being done with a small petcock on top of each sight glass. They are now faced with the task of getting a code shop in there to remove the caps and install vent valves on each boiler. My question: Are vent valves required under the boiler and pressure vessel code?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not see any such lever on these, just the manual lift that all SRV's have. And yes these are power boilers 150 psi they run about 85 in the header.

bethw,

The manual lift lever is what I am referring to. Inconvenient, possibly, but theoretically could be used as a vent.

The facility where I am currently working has hundreds of SRV's, but only roughly a dozen associated with our five power boilers have a manual lifting lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back