Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Venturi Pump Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

H-ENG

Mechanical
Nov 23, 2022
AU
Hello,

Looking to find some literature regarding venturi pump design.
Could be website, textbook, papers or ansi/iso standards recommendations.
I've only had a quick look around but thought if I might find an expert on here.

I'm hoping to create a basic xls. spreadsheet where I can design on the go.

Much Appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I was involved in a ejector design 50 years ago without the benefit any any data what so ever, it was all done from first principles, today you are lucky as there is more than enough data available at the touch of a few keyboard strokes - do some research or buy something off the shelf and model what you need from there.

It would also help if you gave a bit more detail, maybe a member has got something suitable to suit your needs.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Yes, venturi pump design is done by the manufacturer. I have assumed that they developed the eductor curves were developed based on empirical observations. If you go to the manufacturer's websites, you can probably develop a spreadsheet off the published data.

S&K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back