Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VERICUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmug

Automotive
Dec 4, 2008
IT
Someone may report its experience on software testing and simulation tool paths "VERICUT?
Particularly interesting are your opinions on:
- Reliability
- Ease of use
- Help
- Price.

Thanks to all.
Ciao.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It has been a while but the last time I used it it was second to none. These days NX has its own simulation package so perhaps you should compare the two. Try before you buy if possible. Be willing to pay for training as well.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Used Vericut for a long time. Not in over two years now though (employer won't pay for it).

Vericut is still the king for gcode tool path verification. It's super reliable. Easy to use - once you've taken the class. If you don't do training, it seems odd to most. Tech support is great. The machine building part is far easier to do than with NX's machine simulation. It will cost a bit more than a full seat of NX with advanced manufacturing. NX is getting better but still nowhere near. Also since Siemens is focused on developing the turnkey CSE end of machine sims now, it will cost you to create older retrofit machine sims in NX. Vericut is very flexible in that regard.

--
Bill

Used VERICUT, now I use NCSIMUL.
Fonctionnalities are the same, but NCSIMUL is very easy to use and graphic is nice. Builder is SPRING

orplis

Are they both products efficai?
Are they already preferable to the integrated simulators that the packets CAM they propose?
Instead as it is VIRTUAL MACHINE by ICAM Technologies?
Thanks.
Ciao.

They are both made for simulation only and on the same level.
Integrated simulators read apt file and they don't go through macros and subroutines like your machine does.
Also VERICUT and NCSIMUL use variables set, like a real machine and all is based on the final ISO code.

ISO code Simulator is a real help after a CAM.

Virtual Machine is also a G-code reader, one difference with VERICUT and NCSIMUL is VM use the Post Processor code to decode VM movement. In result you can go trough an post pro error like a student does when he reads his own copy.

Hope that can help you!
Orplis

I've never used Virtual Machine and, as I know, Vericut and Ncsimul are close.

Personally, I've changed for Ncsimul because graphic interface is very smooth and easy to use.

A way to have the best price-performance ratio for you is asking a demo and price for each.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back