Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertex no longer recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

descatia

Aerospace
Dec 7, 2008
US
Hello,
I created a point using xyx coordinates, then I created sketching planes at that point, and then I created a sketch. Nothing fancy, just a straight line and a tangent half circle. Something like a question make shape (?) I want to create a rib along this centerline. So I created a small circle normal to this. Now it wont let me rib this until I convert all the points int construction elements, but if I convert the original point into a construction element, then it says vertex no longer recognized. Any ideas?

I have included a pic to show you what I am talking about

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=90fad40f-b5ae-4502-ba60-e04f78f5fe0f&file=untitled.bmp
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

did you create the circle on a plane normal to your sketch at a vertex?

For some reason you will have to redefine the plane.4 point required, and select the sketch vertex again.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Yes the circle is created on the plane normal to the line and the circle. Strangely, as soon as i make this point a construction point, the plane I created it on ( yellow rectangle) disappears. I also tried to redefine plane.4 point, by creating a line from 0,0,0 to the point, but that did not work. What puzzles me is that if this point has hard xyz coordinates why does it need any other reference or definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back