Vertical Post-Tensioning - Long delay before grouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

efFeb

Structural
Dec 25, 2019
CA
Hi,
I am coming onto a project with vertical post-tensioning designed as bonded post-tensioning, with grouted encasement.
The tendons have been installed and stressed, but there has been a delay of several months, and the ducts have still not been grouted.
They have been protected from weather, but I am trying to figure out if leaving the tendons stressed, but ungrouted, for a long period of time would lead to additional losses that would not have been seen otherwise?
Thanks so much in advance,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No additional losses expected due to delays in grouting but I hope the temporary weather protection was robust otherwise you may have some corrosion to strands.

If in doubt of losses or need to determine the actual level of prestress - and assuming the stressing tails have not been cut off - you could undertake a tendon lift-off test.

Interesting. Shear wall?

I also struggle to imagine a meaningful consequence to this so long as the grout tubes haven't been allowed to collect water / condensation etc.

A small amount of your shrinkage losses will now occur after grouting than before it. I don't see any harm in that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back