Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical Text in Draft 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastynotion

Mechanical
Jun 25, 2013
NO
Hi everyone.

I tried searching a bit around, but without any luck so far.

I want to add text to one of my drafts that is orientated vertically, in other words that the text is rotated 90 degrees from standard orientation. I've tried this with Text Box but I am unable to figure out how to do it. It's probably a very simple solution that I am completely overlooking, but I would really appreciate if some of you would have some insight. In text box properties I've tried to change the 'text orientation' parameter but this only gives orients the text vertically, it doesnt rotate the letters aswell. Please see the picture I've linked to understand what I mean. I basically want to rotate the text saying 'BLEED 1' 90 degrees.

VxQerCt.png

I'm running Solid Edge ST7.

Look forward to hear from you all, best regards.

Edit: I am able to orient the text like I want with a callout, but if there is a way of doing it with a text box it would be preferable.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I generally prefer call outs to text boxes but...

My work around is just to hit 'return' after each letter - probably not what you're looking for.

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

If it's possible I think it could only be with a special font which spaces in that way. Good luck finding that and then making it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back