Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very Peculiar Customer Defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techomick

Mechanical
Jun 21, 2011
US
I have the same version and MP of NX installed on two different machines. You would think the customer default options would be the same, however they are not. How is this possible? Is there a way to hide customer default options? If so where/how is this done. See the attached picture for details.

Design Engineer, NX 8.5

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a3896001-f846-4172-9f9d-3e9a4c540a62&file=customer_defaults.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know if this is the issue, but one of them is showing the "user" level and the other is showing the "site" level options.

Also, were both sessions of NX connected to TC at the time of the screenshot? I've worked on a TC/NX install where you could open a native session of NX if you so desired; perhaps one of the machines was working in this native mode, not connected to TC? I'm currently running native NX and I don't have the "renumbered parts" or "fully open component from TC" options showing in my customer defaults. I assume those options only appear/take affect when working with TC.

www.nxjournaling.com

I would also like to verify/ double check the Help - About NX - System information , that the lines 1 & 3 are identical on both computers.

We run NX7.5 in production and install our client computers using a customized install.
For some unknown reason the installer sometimes aborts "in the middle", the result is then a 7.5.0.x installation, which works "almost" as expected, one of the differences is that it misses a number of customer defaults which the fully patched 7.5.5.4 contains.
The NX logfile will in that case report that NX is missing a number of settings.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back