Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Very Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADone

Mechanical
Jan 17, 2007
Hi All,

I have a very good configuration hardware, intel pentium core 2 duo processor with 2 GB RAM. I experience lot of delay in between commands. But I notice that the memory bar (at the lower left corner of inventor screen) has a lot of free space too.

Please, Can somebody please list out possible areas of check.

Thanks
C1

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you attach a sample data set that is slow? Are you using excessive adaptivity? Are you creating huge feature patterns? Far far more information is needed.

I have used couple of welding frames, standard hardwares & their patterns. Assly Contains about 125 to 150 parts and instances. Though a big file, I expected not to be as slow as I am experiencing.

My observation is that it works very good in a fresh session of inventor and graduallt it becomes slow and displays a warning about resource unavailability. When restarted its works fine for some time.

I am not sure whats wrong. May be something to do with dispay, data purging, or some other settings.

I really cant send that assly file to this forum, I am sorry. Can somebody interpret whats worng here, Please.

Thx
C1

Hi
Here is a data that I feel its very slow. In the skeleton model you would notice that I have projected sketches.

I dont understand why this model should be so slow. My mouse pointer stops moving suddenly as if its a faulty mouse. Trust me its a new Trackball mouse and it functions perfectly in all applications.

My system has very good configurtation

Pentium core 2 duo
2 GB ram
Inventor suite 2009

Can somebody comment why its so slow.

Thanks
C1

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4b486b92-ce95-406a-831e-01820a511d4f&file=Part_and_assly.zip
Page file size (virtual memory)?
control panel, system,advanced tab
with 2G of ram it should be set to 4092Mb I believe.

also processor speed?

Your assembly is considered small to slow down the computer, there nust be some thing else involved. You might want to try having the Task Manager open while working to see which software is using the resources.

this may be unrelated but i'll post it in case it helps speed things up. I find that if I'm working off the server things don't work as fast as if i'm working off my hard drive. Even simple commands seem to lag if the server is very busy. keep that in mind.

I had some issues with very slow response in drawing mode (.idw's) when using a template that had been migrated across many versions. I believe it was originally created in V7, by the time we updated to 11, any drawing using that template was unbearably slow.

Perhaps something similar is happening to your assembly?

i faced similar problem when creating surfaces with 3D curves. Inventor get very sluggish. But working fine with assemblies with more than 2000 instances of parts ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back