Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vibration analysis Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal.mido

Mechanical
Apr 26, 2017
TN
Hello
I am a mechanical engineering student and i am working on a reducer flender dmgh 25.4 for my final engineering intership .
I got vibration analysis of output shaft on excel data . Siemens haven't yet send the conclusion of those analysis.
Is there anyone who can tell me how can i figure out if there a problem or not and is it possible to make those infos visual on a drawing or something like vibrations schema.
Sorry , i am not so good in english .. i am going to join the excel data on this thread .thank you

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9011a5c5-4c5a-4a7c-b1ec-511fda870837&file=Data_-_03.03.2017_16.08.12.xlsx
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I (or others) could probably do an FFT analysis for you, but that would not be much of a learning experience. Figuring out whether there is a problem or not requires interpreting the vibration waveform and spectrum combined with the machine component details which you have not provided. A basic Internet search on gear vibrations could get you started to learn about vibration analysis and fault diagnostics.

Google Search: crunching ffts with microsoft excel

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back