Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vibration criteria for piping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadoc

Mechanical
Apr 22, 2004
FR
Hi everybody
I'm looking for some criterias for allowable vibration level in piping conveying gas or oil. I don't know what there is exactly in API and ASME standards (just abstracts...).
looking for your help
regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HI amadoc (Mechanical)

The best in Piping Technical Papers:

LC Peng, president of PENG ENGINEERING, is a leading authority in the field of pipe stress analysis and piping engineering.

LC Peng has authored, co-authored and presented many technical papers on these subjects. Electronic versions of his most popular papers are available below.

Please note, documents are in Adobe PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.

The Art of Checking Pipe Stress Computer Programs

Treatment of Support Friction in Pipe Stress Analysis

Local Stresses in Vessels - Notes on the Application of WRC-107 and WRC-297

Quick Check on Piping Flexibility

Toward More Consistent Pipe Stress Analysis

Evaluation of Flanged Connection Due to Piping Load

An Interpretation on Pressure Elongation in Piping Systems

The Art of Designing Pipe Support Systems

Rethinking the Allowable Pipe Load on Rotating Equipment Nozzles

Stress Analysis Methods for Underground Pipe Lines: Part 1 - Basic Calculations

Stress Analysis Methods for Underground Pipe Lines: Part 2 - Soil-Pipe Interaction

Equipment Reliability Improvement through Reduced Pipe Stress

Cold Spring of Restrained Piping System

Computer Application to the Piping Analysis Requirements of ASME Section III, Subscribe NB-3600

Thermal Insulation and Pipe Stress

Hazardous Situations Created by Improper Piping Analyses

Leonard@thill.biz

The best available standard in my opinion is ASME OM-3, the title of which is something like Preoperational Vibration Testing of Class 1 Nuclear Power Plant Piping. It gives a screening limit for velocity (0.5 inch/sec peak), an endurance limit, and displacement limits, and more rigorous velocity limits based on system specifics. Note that the upcoming 2004 edition of ASME B31.3 includes an endurance limit f factor of 0.15.

thanks bvi (Mechanical),
your information is helpfull, that's exactly what i'm waiting for (and for others standards,i.e. api 14e and iso 13703)
best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back