Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vibration sensor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathish28

Electrical
Feb 6, 2018
IN
sir i have 4-20ma vibraton sensor and i converted that current op into voltage(0-10v).and i give that op value into iot device advantech wise 4012e.it shows voltage output i want to convert that voltage into velocity(mm/s).give me some therotical equations and formula.my sensor sensitivity is 100mv/g.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sathish28,

x(t) = A sin [ω]t

Integrating...

v(t) = [ω]A cos [ω]t
a(t) = -[ω][sup]2[/sup]A sin [ω]t

This all is very basic mechanical vibrations. Do you have a mechanical engineer on your site who can help you? Mechanical resonance is not equivalent to resonating RLS[ ]circuits. I don't care what they taught you in college.

Do you understand what your gauge actually is reading? I am guessing it is acceleration.

--
JHG

It would be a whole lot easier to get a transducer that gives you velocity. For an acceleration output you have to integrate somewhere to get velocity.

"4-20ma vibraton sensor."

It sounds like its output may be based on an "overall" reading. If so, the frequency information is lost forever.

HI IRstuff,

As I read it, the raw signal out is an option with an actual 3rd electrical connection, in addition to a 4-2- mA output.

All the 4-20 mA outputs are a version of "overall" reading.
Peak Velocity (Low Frequency) - 180 to 60k cpm (3 to 1000 Hz)
RMS Velocity - 600 to 60k cpm (10 to 1000 Hz)
RMS Acceleration - 3 to 1000 Hz) / 180 to 300k cpm 180 to 600k cpm (3 to 10k Hz)

Without detailed amplitude vs frequency information ( FFT) before being turned into an overall, I don't think there is much hope of converting acceleration into velocity, etc and etc.

Perhaps the OP (Sathish28) can identify exactly what vibration sensor he/she has. While it is possible to convert 4-20 m-amp current output to 0-10V voltage output, the original sensor units are maintained, but no integration. No help without more information.

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back