Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Video images from C-Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbiomed

Bioengineer
Jan 26, 2001
US
I have an application where a podatrist would like to download images from a C-Arm to his computer. The C-Arm has a 1volt p-to-.p b/w video output. Is there an inexpensive way to accomplish this without changing the ii camera to a digital one?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the C-arm display video? NTSC or PAL? Std Video Coax? If so it's possible to place a video capture card in the computer sending the video from camera to computer and back out to the c-arm display. The software that comes with the capture card will normally allow an individual capture or even might allow the video monitor to be a window on the computer screen. Need to know more about the C-arm video or whatever it is.

Hope this helps

Good day,

My question concerns the light field for a Bennett x-ray unit with model number HFQ-10000P. The collimator model is a Bennett D050M. Performing a radiation safety survey on the unit revealed the light field illuminance to be less than 160 lux measured at an SID of 100cm. The service engineer indicated that there was a circuit that produced a low illuminance for several seconds and then would come up to full illuminance level after a given time. He said I was not leaving my photometer in the light field long enough to measure the true illuminance level. Seems like an unnecessary feature. Is this the way Bennet intends for the light field to work? The unit is an hour's drive away so I have not been back to retest, and obviously its a minor issue, but I am curious.

Thanks for your help.

David Englehart

THE C-ARM OUTPUT IS 1 VP-P VIDEO WHICH CAN BE CONNECTED TO
A GRABBER CARD INSTALLED IN THE COMPUTER TO ACCOMPLISH THE JOB.ALTERNATIVELY YOU CAN ALSO USE A VIDEO THERMAL PRINTER BY SONY(USED BY GYNECS)TO INSTANTLY PRINT OUT HARD COPY IMAGES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back