Video tutorials 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

magikora

Mechanical
Sep 27, 2007
US
Hello,
I am trying to do a small study on whether or not it would be a benefit to make video tutorials for Wildfire training.
These would be simple, basic and easily understood.
I am not selling anything at this time. Just doing some market research to see what other pro-Engineers would like to see in the video tutorials.

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Magikora!!
I've read about your good idea , personally i'm interested in surfacing tutorials , but in advanced skill level. For example , a video tutorial about modeling a complete part , starting from scratch , because i've bought some tutorials and the most of that was generic in the theory and not complete in the modeling section.
This kind of tutorial are not very usefull for an user , who have to learn the tecnique as fast as possible.
Ok that's all !!!
Bye Regards!!

Magikora,

I think it would a great idea and there would be a market for it provided you kept the costs down and it would be something the average person could buy.

Lets face it unless you work for a company that has deep pockets, and even then most of them are not willing to invest the money for training. It's very expensive to go to any of the training classes PTC has, the private companys are not a whole lot less either. Then travel, time, hotels, meals, etc. That $1000 + class ends up costing $1500 or more.... then oh you need to take the advance class or a different module...bam adds up real fast.

The other option is you bring down the instructor to the company and gather employees from the various groups and have mass class. Hands on, creates additional problems in getting enough puters together and then there is the have to leave to put out a fire cause everyones in class.

Again, a very expensive pill for the employer to swallow, and how many times have they seen someone leave shortly after getting training to take a job elsewhere.

What a good deal of places have been doing is to sign up with something like CadTrain/Coach

We have it where I work and it's a pretty good training method. I have picked up a number of things from it.... but I have no idea how much the company is paying for it. No doubt it's less than sending someone somewhere.

In regards to you making videos, I don't really feel that just videos will really fill the requirement with a program that has the depth of ProE. You will need quite of bit of written text to go along with it and a good indexing system to put someone to the proper page where the video could be accessed if they want to check it out again and the text version of what to do is also there. Unless you are wanting to keep it pretty simple such as a catalog of videos.

So, having said all that perhaps a reason why I feel like this. Because of the depth of ProE there is a great number of things that you do just every once in awhile and a million things you do all the time.... it's those once in awhile things that are a pain... yeah I've done that before but what was that little fine point of the command that made it work last time? I feel that is a key point that could really make it a very marketable item. Not only for training purposes but a Quick Reference also.

One of the finest programs that kind of does the same thing , no videos but not really needed in this regards is
Config_Mentor by 3DLogix which strictly deals with your config pro file... you can find what you need quick and easy. Although it's only up to R2001 most of the info is still applicable. Certainly following it's layout so to speak with training would be most excellent.

Okay... I'll shut up now :)

Oh ..... I'm CadCamGuy and I approve this message :-0

on youtube this guys are too bad

.. that should be are not too bad...pretty good, has some good topics

sound is out funky one one or two.. which is a common problem with some of the a/v editors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back