Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

view solidworks 2007 files with windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmc1974

Mechanical
Jul 1, 2005
GB
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a way to view Solidworks 2007 files on PCs running Windows 2000.

Thanks,
Barry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We've tried the Solidworks 2007 viewer. I was wonder if anyone knows of some third party software that will enable viewing of drawings.

If it's an OS installation problem (i.e. unsupported OS) you may be able to use the method posted by StefanHamminga in thread559-200737

StefanHamminga said:
Actually installation is not completing because SolidWorks Corp. changed the installer to quit when run on an unsupported OS.

I had actually made a small guide for doing this but I didn't publish it before. here it is:

[cheers]

Yes, Windows 2000 is an unsupported OS for Solidworks 2007. I've installed the edrawings viewer and it opens the drawings ok but the users aren't happy with the interface. I've had a look at the thread from StefanHamminga but the guide is no longer available. What I really would like is to find a way of installing the 20007 viewer on Windows 2000.

Thanks,
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back