Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visualize results from ANSYS Ls-Dyna,

Status
Not open for further replies.

admincae

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2010
RO
Good morning,

I used ANSYS 14.5 and I want to know how to visualize the results from ANSYS Ls-Dyna, because from WB is saved only .K file and I can solve it only with application from ANSYS Launcher (both with parallel processing). I am in doubt about visualization of results, because I don´t find any files .rst and .his how I read on help from ANSYS Ls-Dyna. How I can view the results using ANSYS, or how to create using command line .rst file and .his file ? I try allready to use for visualisation with Ls-Dyna PrePost, but nothing (perhaps I don´t read correct file, ...)

I waiting much early your suggestion, idea or advice.

Thanks in advance for support.

Best regards.

Mess with the best die like the rest...ANSYS is the best !!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can visualize the results with LS-PrePost. You need to tell LS-PrePost where the D3PLOT file is located. That is the file that has most of the results. The time history data is in the file D3HSP. They should be in the same directory as the .k file. You might look at there are tutorials about the use of LS-PrePost. If you still have problems, submit a support request on the ANSYS Customer Portal
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back