Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VLE Data Acetone, Methanol, Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

DubChem

Chemical
Aug 5, 2007
IE
Hello,

I am looking to design a continuous extractive distillation system to separate acetone and methanol using water as the extractive solvent.

I am having difficulty finding any VLE data for this type of system.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try the DECHEMA Chemistry Data Series (CDS) or the DETHERM online database. The DECHEMA CDS books contains a lot of VLE and other data. Coefficients of the common VLE correlations are given. There is a large overlap between DFETHERM and the CDS. You can do free searches of DETHERM in the Internet to see what's available:

(
I found 6 or seven data sets for VLE of your mixture. Unfortunately you have to pay rather a lot for the actual data. The cheaper option would be to order copies of the relevant pages from the CDS. By the way, I found a useful general page of links to physical property data at:

Instead of using water wash, methanol can be directly removed by using pervaporation or vapor permeation with polymeric membranes. Please contact Sulzer Chemtech (infomembranes(at)sulzer.com) for additional information.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back