Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VUMAT subroutine - how do I write something to Abaqus .msg file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsiloufas

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2012
BR
Hello everyone.

I'm using Abaqus/Explicit with a VUMAT subroutine. In order to check some problems with my solutions, I want to write some warnings/errors to the message file (or status file, or data file, whatever).

I'm trying to use the "write" command of Fortran, but with no result.

Something like this:

if (variable.gt.one) then
write(*,*) 'Error message'
call XPLB_EXIT
endif

I've checked all the files (data, status, message, log), but no 'Error message' appears. And yes, I'm pretty sure that the solver is entering the IF and terminating the solution using the XPLB_EXIT function.

How should I proceed? Sorry for any mistakes... English is not my mother language.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you use 'write(*,*)' it should send to the log file. It should do the same if you use a print statement also. If you're running from a terminal shell in interactive mode it may also write to that.

You could double check if it is entering the IF statement by debugging in something like Visual Studio or by setting a state variable to a certain value, which you can then have a look at in your ODB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back