Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Waffle Slab Design Example 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTAdam

Structural
Sep 15, 2015
IL
I would really appreciate it if somebody would post a link or a document that showcases an example of a complete waffle slab (two-way joist slab) design. I have found several links online but they almost all explain how to figure out the dimensions with little mention of the reinforcement. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your best bet, in my opinion, would be to get your hands on a CRSI design manual. If you're committed to an Internet freebie, this seems to go into some detail: Link.

I like to debate structural engineering theory -- a lot. If I challenge you on something, know that I'm doing so because I respect your opinion enough to either change it or adopt it.

Thanks for the advice. I got my hands on the tenth edition of the CRSI Design Manual. I will be reading chapter 11 of it; waffle slab design. It's a good place to start. If I have any questions, I'll be back. Thanks again.

The best book to refer to is 'Reinforced Concrete Design to Eurocode' by Bill Mosley. This is a must have book for structural engineers. It has got detailed worked example of all cocncete elements, including ribbed and waffle slabs. This gives you complete waffle slab design with rebar detailing and schedules.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back