Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wallmann valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It seems to be a type of pressure relief valve used in German reactors (based on this link)

There was evidently an article in a German newspaper that claimed that an operator prevented a disaster at the Forsmark Nuclear Plant by opening a "Wallman Valve". Subsequent articles focused on the fact that the initial article misidentified the supposed operator. However, the followup articles also mentioned that there "was no such valve" at the Swedish plant. Here's a link to one newspaper article:
(Note: I have been unable to locate the original German news article.)

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Thanks. I'm waiting to see if I get a response from the Eon corporate information service. If not I'll try the valve forum, although I've noticed they don't like cross posting between groups.

valvehowker

If you do decide to post over on the valve forum, reference this thread (thread number is at the top and don't put a space between the word "thread" and the number) and that you're following Durk's advice to post the thread in the new forum. Then post something here saying that you've posted in the valve forum. That would let Durk and I know not to reply to your new post as I think we both also read the valve forum.

The issue with double posting is that some of us <grumpy> oldsters who read a lot of different forums hate spending time preparing a well-thought out extensive answer in one forum and then, when getting to another forum, start to answer the same question and realize its the same question we've already answered (and start snarling). Frequently, we also see that the original poster joined that day, does not word his (or her) question very well, posts in multiple places, checks back to see if his question was answered, but never contributes further.

If you ask a question in only one forum and someone feels there's a better forum and tells you so, providing the cross-reference keeps us grumps from getting too irritated. (Of course, some days, I'm already grumpy by the time I have a chance to even get on here!)

By the way, do let us know if you get a response from Eon. I'd be very interested.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back