Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Want to learn more about HNBR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blckwtr

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2006
NO
I want to learn more about rubber and especially HNBR. More specific, I want to learn the following;
- FEA of elastomers
- friction coefficients
- temperature degradation when exposed to elevated temperature
- material models
- non-linear behaviour
- effects of mechanical properties, and the relations between them
- which mechanical properties affect others? (compromises)
Does anyone have tips to litterature on the subject, or where to begin?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You are asking rather a lot and no single reference is going to be adequate. For HNBR I have always recommended the Zeon webpages for its product Zelpol, ie For rubber in general have a look at the Harborough Rubber website from the UK , ie and locate its engineering guide. In the States I have always started with Rubber Technology Resources on the Web which you'll find on the ACS Rubber Division website, ie
At the end of the day you might find a better solution with a consultancy firm

Thank you, stancom for some good tips, but I was more interested in learning behavior rather than chemical composition. For initial design, and to be able to speek with manufacturer or producer, it is very interesting to be able to know more about the different mechanical parameters when we discuss to iterate ourselves to a solution. I am no scientist or professor, but I am very interested in learning without digging myself into stress tensors, scalars and operators too much. I simply want to know just... more... So if anyone know of some litterature or a portal to start it is much appreciated... If I am posting on a forum, i want to know what to ask for instead of asking for a solution to an unknown problem...

My motivation is simply ignorance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back