Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wanted - manufacturers of 'large' PCB circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBryanton

Materials
Dec 9, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have a requirement to manufacture large, flexible (polyimide), double sided PCB's. Can anyone give me information on companies that have the capability to manufacture boards larger than the 600mm wide? Ideally I'd like at least 1metre x 1metre.

Thanks.

Matt B

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you need quantity ? What is the required resolution
(linewidth, separation )? Do you need plated-through holes ? <nbucska@pcperipherals.com>

The short answer is that I don't mind where the samples are manufactured. Obviously there are reasons why I would prefer them to be manufactured in the UK or Europe but I think that my requirements are fairly demanding and I would be interested to learn of ANYONE that could assist me with this.

My requirements are for 125micron Kapton with 1/2oz copper either side. The minimum track width is 200micron but I would be interested to learn how much I could reduce this to - I am in touch with a company that can photoplot to 10micron pattern accuracy.

I also have a requirement for accurate registration between the top and bottom sides. My contact can offer less than 19micron but unfortunately cannot find anyone that can make the boards from the plots.

The circuit is very simple and there are no drill holes required.

Thanks all.

Matt B

Hi,

I forgot a couple of points.

The minimum separation in the pattern is 200micron. At this stage I need about 30 square metres. in the long term there may be a requirement for bulk manufacture - it depends on how I get on with the prototype.

Thanks,

Matt Bryanton

30 m2 per piece ? Continuous roll? can be assempled
(with solder, conductive adhesive, etc)
Can U give more info ? (NDA OK )
<nbucska@pcperipherals.com>

I'm interested in the maximum size that I can obtain boards in. My total requirement is for 30 square metres and the larger each of the individual boards is the better. At this stage a continuous roll greater than 1m wide would be great if anyone could do it. If not then what is available to me? I can get 600mm wide rolls of circuit from any of my local PCB manufacturers so I'm trying to establish if anyone can provide me with anything larger.

Also, I don't require any solders, joins etc. to connect the 30sqm together.

Thanks,

Matt B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back