Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Waste water tank coatings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunal2603

Chemical
Apr 16, 2007
I have contacted 3 vendors for CONCRETE waste water pits and sumps coating and fixing the cracks in the pits. How de we know which epoxy is best suited for this purpose. Everyone gave warranty for the structure integrity and says their epoxy coating is best under these conditions.

Temp - 100deg F
pH - 9
Acetone 1200ppm

Kindly suggest me how to choose the best among them.

Thank you
Kunal

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your best solution will come form an independent coatings consultant with enough experience to not have to rely upon biased vendor recommendations. I think NACE and SSPC provide such info in their annual user's guide.

Joe Tank

The vendors should be able to give you a list of applications they have previously done that are similar to yours. This may help evaluate their offers.

This plant is 10 years old. It is just a concrete pit without any coating. joe, thanks for those links(NACE and SSPC) I will get technical details from vendor and do some literature survey ( Google). Appreciate your suggestions

Why don't you run some tests with their material?

Ask for samples and immerse them in your waste water for a couple of weeks. Record weight, colour, mechanical consistency of the sample. Do that before and after the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back