Wastewater after fluff anf feather cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquatrade

Civil/Environmental
Mar 5, 2016
RU
Hello!
I have a request from client to recycle his wastewater back to the plant. It is the plant of production different textiles for sleeping - pillows, duvets etc. So their main problem is waste from preparing of fluff and feather for pillows. Earlier they discarded their wastewater in municipal sewerage. Now they have not such ability, or any possibility to release it into nature, that's why they need to recycle it. I found many literature about treatment of wastewater from woolen factories, but nothing about fluff and feather cleaning for pillows, only some information about removing them from wastewater of poultry production industry, where they are wastes. Where can you recommend to find good information about cleaning of such wastewater? I have to find how to clean it to the quality similar to cleaned municipal wastes, then I know how to clean it to their requirements for recycling water.

Sincerely Yours
Anton S. Tyuin
Aquatrade LLC
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia

P.S. Sorry, but I have no adequate analyses of their waste water. They gave me some, but I don't think they are close to reality.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Anton…

This is not my area of expertise so, being curious, I tried a few things in Google, including {feathers in wastewater}. This document looks like it might be a good starting point for you:
Also, I noticed that several of the other hits mention recycling feathers for heavy metal removal from wastewater.

Good luck.
-- Fred

==========
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

Hello Fred!
Thank you for this information. Unfortunately, this is the case of poultry production, where feather is waste. In it I know how to clean such wastes, and found many information about it. And in my case it is vice versa, feather and fluff is a raw resource, and I need to clean the wastewater from washing and rinsing of it. I think it is similar to woolen industry, though, as I think, raw feather is not so dirty as raw wool, and wastes are not so concentrated (but I can mistake).

Sincerely Yours
Anton S. Tyuin
Aquatrade LLC
Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

Sorry, yes, I missed it. 120 cubic meters per day.

Sincerely Yours
Anton S. Tyuin
Aquatrade LLC
Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

At that flow, treatment will not be feasible.

A treatment scheme will consist of a rotating drum screen with water spray cleaning, followed by cartridge filtration, followed by disinfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back