Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Water Dew Point in Natural Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpwrocky

Petroleum
Jun 21, 2001
US
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction on this question. I have 7 lbs/mmcf water vapor in natural gas at atmospheric pressure. What is the water dew point temperature? At 3,600 psi? Where do I find the curve or method to calculate this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had heard that GRI or GPSA had developed curves for this but have not had luck locating anything.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks - Is that data for the gas at 3,600 psi, or atmospheric? I was looking for both. Also, what book can that curve be found in or can it be purchased separately? I may need to purchase it, as we will be sampling this gas stream regularly for fuel quality maintenance (Compressed nat gas for NGV's)

The water dew point of natural gas at atm pressure is about -40 oF and ice temp is ofcourse 32 oF.

There is an earlier threat in Chemical Engineering about this tropic. Try searching for it.

I don't know if that chart is available separately, but the text I have it in is GPSA's Engineering Data Book, Volume II, in Section 20 (Dehydration). It might be in a different section now, however, as I'm still using the 10th edition, and I believe they're on the 11th edition now, if not the 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back