Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Water Distribution Modeling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

what modeling water distribution system software do you recommend and why? [sig][/sig]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi!

I've experience using Haestad Method's Water Cad Water Distribution System Modeling Software. This is a powerfull tool where you can handle varios numbers of scenarios. You can model pumping systems, deep well connected to a distribution system, etc. If you compare between Water Cad and EPA Net there is only a big reason to choose between software: the price. EPA Net is for free and you can download from EPA website. Water Cad Licenses cost varies in function of the number of pipes you want.

If you have any question, feel free to e-mail me at asoto@csagroup.com

Most of my experience has been with WaterCad. It is very easy to learn to use and the methods of viewing output is very helpful. The "Scenario Manager" feature is also extremely handy. However, the price can be quite steep, and depending on what you are using it for and how much you will be using it, you might be better off with EPAnet.

I would recommend H2ONET or H2OMAP from MW Soft in Pasadena, CA, USA. These packages are based in AutoCAD or stand-alone respectively. They can import GIS (ie. ArcView) data, and using the scenarios, fire-flows and other features make modelling nice and easy. They can also import EPANet files.

Go to for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back