Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Water flow and temp measurement sensor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quizzical1

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2004
US
Hi All,

Can anyone point me in the direction of an inline water flow meter / temp sensor combination the can transmit wireless data?
The flow ranges would be .45 gpm to 10 gpm, temp range from 60F to 180F and max water pressure is 100 psi. NPT connections preferable.

TIA,

Q~

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know of any sensors directly. You may need to use something like NetBiter hooked to your sensor of choice.

Netbiter_owkhoe.jpg

Keith Cress
kcress -

Well, here's one.
Link

The spec sheet mentions ".Equipped with independent battery power supply GPRS signaling
unit," but is conveniently vague about what combination of power supplies: 3.6V Lithium, or battery + 220Vac, or Battery + 24Vdc powers the meter and the communications.

There is a claim of 3 year battery life, but my-school-of-hard-knocks experience is that any battery powered wireless vendor is off by some factor 2 to 10 for battery life claims.

I do have to say that I've encountered 3 situations of Chinese instruments that came with negligible documentation and there's no way to help someone who bought the low cost box without checking to see how they were going to work with it once it was in their hands. Caveat Emptor>

Note that it uses a proprietary IR handheld for configuration. Don't want to lose that puppy.

I saw a British one a bout 18 months ago that claimed a 10 year battery for a magmeter only, no radio comm, but I didn't save it and can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back