Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Water Intake 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvoisin

Civil/Environmental
Jun 1, 2012
CA
Hello,

Does anyone have some water intake plans I could have a look at? I need to core through 90m of granite bedrock in order to install the intake. The size is 300mm dia.

Also, any idea on the approximate cost per meter for the intake through bedrock???

Thanks
Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could make an anonymous post through a website. Or you could pick up a phone and call a tunneling company.
Seriously, what do you think is going to give you a more accurate answer?

I have made many calls, and have seen prices ranging from 2k-5k per meter.

I thought it may be possible that someone on this site has actually gone through the design, tendering and construction process for an intake.

What the tunneling companies say and what it actually costs in the field when the tap is turned on is usually different.

This project does not sound like it would be that difficult. Based on the limited information that you provided, the price range for the piping is appropriate.

At this point without detailed plans, I would use the higher estimate and try to get the project started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back