Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Water Jet Text Font 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkInNorway

Petroleum
Nov 10, 2010
NO
Hello All,
I was wondering if there is an acceptable FONT file that will allow various text characters to be cut out of a thick metal name plate that currently exists in NX6. If not are there any libraries that I may be able to download. Basically these letters need to have a bridge to contain the inner portion of the character like in the letters o, b, p, etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I assume that you are using...

Insert -> Curve -> Text...

If so, then as Mark suggested, just select the 'Stencil' font.

An alternative would be the 'Bauhaus 93' font although technically not all of the characters meet your criteria, while 'Stencil' does meet it 100%.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

>Thanks Mark and John for the input, I proposed using the Bauhaus93 font but as you stated John, It does not cover the letter O in that font, and I think the solution here will be to develop thier own Font, as a Reuse library with each character added to it. Thanks again for your input Mark and John

Thank You, it's a nice addition to my font collection. Note however that it's only effective when using all uppercase letters, but I suspect that should not be a problem for what these letters would be used for.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Design Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back