Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Water Treatment plant design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKi12

Electrical
Nov 12, 2015
GB
Hello everyone, Generally speaking, what are the main design factors that need to be taken into account when designing a water treatment plant ? I am very new to the field with little understanding of its foundation

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Future Population and Treatment Capacity
Capital and Operating Costs
Water Resource
Water Rights
Water Characteristics
Treatment Technology
Water Storage Requirements
Distribution System
Plant Location
Feasibility and Financing
Management

Thank you so much bimr, I really appreciate your response. Can you please get a bit deeper and explain how these points impact the plant design?

... or you, MKi12, tell us why you want to know this, what's your involvement with WWTP design and where you are puzzled and we can provide better answers.

HI MartineLe, Thank you . I need it as I am currently applying for jobs and these sort of questions are normally asked in interviews.

What would I like to know is Basically the sort of factors people normally would consider before or while designing the wwtp

"Future Population and Treatment Capacity
Capital and Operating Costs
Water Resource
Water Rights
Water Characteristics
Treatment Technology
Water Storage Requirements
Distribution System
Plant Location
Feasibility and Financing
Management"

I really like the answer from mr. Bimr

It is indeed all of the factor above will give a great impact to the water treatment design
But in designing a water treatment facility. What i really concern is just The raw water characteristic, The Target of Daily Flow, The target of produced water (Charcteristic), The available budget, and the area that are still available.

Visit my Website :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back