Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Water vapor condenser 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukezo

Mechanical
Jan 16, 2020
SI
Hi,

I have to heat 250L/min water from 20degC to 50degC by using superheated steam (150°C, 3Bar), mass flow rate by demand.

The question is, which heat exchanger is the best choice.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

MJ ...

true, I said that. However:

Companies like Pick make direct steam injection systems, these are combination diffusers and control devices.

So you can see I checked the company's profile. As they offer very precise outlet hot water temperature, this application isn't the very best match+it's expensive. Does exist another option?

You could consider a packed bed with steam running countercurrent to water. Simple. Read heat transfer text for corresponding htc values or ask the random packing vendor (Norton etc), and keep to max 80% flood factor. Extract the hot water on level control. You could get some measure of temp control by installing a sparger at tank bottom.

georgeverghese, my friend, google just won't display any results to your query. Can you please send 1 link to a distributer of such assembly.

You may find this arrangement in your heat transfer or mass transfer textbook from Uni days. In layman's language, an even simpler configuration is one without a packed for increased heat transfer; these are called quench towers. So basically, this is a packed bed type quench tower. Packing factors used to derive flood factors for various types of traditional random packing are also in your mass transfer textbook.

Lukezo, A device from Pike is a lot less expensive than a S&T HX.
If you don't want control then what is the point?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back