Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WaterCAD and AutoCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanEngr

Civil/Environmental
Feb 3, 2005
US
I have the stand-alone version of WaterCAD (I think), and was wondering how you interface it with AutoCAD. Is there an add-on you have to purchase? Is it a free download? I bought the software form a firm that no longer had use for it with the intention of integrating it with AutoCAD. I bought it mainly to help me model an elaborate system I'm currently designing... talk about an uphill learning curve.

Also, is there a way I can import pictures/maps/etc., into the stand-alone version to draw lines on top of things like orthophotos, etc.?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some versions of AutoCAD are not comapatable with WaterCAD. Contact Haested to find out which version of AutoCAD is most compatable with your version of WaterCAD.

You will be able to bring in pics/maps/etc into AutoCAD using AutoCAD Map. You can do all of your line work in there and tranfer it into WaterCAD for modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back