Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watermarking product for 3D Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelson97

Computer
Feb 8, 2005
US
I've been researching for a 3D model watermarking product for some time and even called the software companies themselves w/ no luck. Except for one company, Alphatec LTD with their MeshMark product. However the program only supports VRML2 format.

Does anyone know of any other products that watermark 3D models? We have Solidworks, Cadra, and Autocad in house. I'm looking for a product that can support their formats. I know you can watermark drawings w/in the programs, but not 3d models. I'm wondering what other major companies are using to watermark their models.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please describe to me what a "watermarked" 3d model would look like. I can't seem to wrap my brain around this. Would every flat face have a watermark? Or would a watermark sort of lurk behind the model at all times? I just don't get it.

Maybe a link to the Alphatec product you mentioned would help...

Windows 2000 Professional / Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
SolidWorks 2006 SP01.0 / SpaceBall 4000 FLX
Diet Coke with Lime / Dark Chocolate
Lava Lamp

Couldn't you just emboss a standardized pattern onto a given face of the model? Then that feature would at least take some work to remove, if it were small enough then people might not even notice it.

Sorry about that. Alphatec's meshmark product at embeds "invisible" watermarks (signatures) on 3D mesh objects and detects them when needed. The user would embed a personal key number as an "invisible" watermark on 3D object. What I'm looking for doesn't have to be this specific feature, just something that will allow watermarking of any sort on 3D models.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back