Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watermarks on a drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

vanpleltnv,

Here are a couple of thoughts...
I just tried the the method from the Profiles article.
While I did not use the auto insertion of the .ps code, manual insertion into the .plt file worked well.... You could get up-and-running with the "copy"-"paste" method fairly quickly.
At our company, we insert a "PRELIMINARY" stamp symbol on everything that we are doing in Pro/E. We only send .pdf files out to vendors - no native .drw or .dwg etc. Thus the stamp gets inserted into the pdf. We have had very good success with this. The only thing is, you have to remember to remove the symbol before doing the final print for release..

JW

Ttx,

for you it is simple, but can you explain it more detailed.
How do you insert it with copy-paste in the .ptl file.
And what dou you insert?

vanpeltnv,
In Pro/E you have the option to output a .plt file when printing. I assume that you know this?
What I did was this:
First I printed a drawing to file with the .plt format.
Next I downloaded the .ps file using the Hyperlink in the Profiles Magazine article.
I then opened the .ps file in Wordpad.
I then copied all of the script from the Wordpad file.
Next, I opened my .plt file with Wordpad and I pasted the contents of the .ps file before the line; "%%EndPageSetup" -in the .plt file.
I then changed the text in the brackets to read; "Preliminary - Not for Manufacture".
I then distilled the .plt file using Acrobat Distiller.
The resulting .pdf file contained a watermark stamp similar to that in the article.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

JW

An alternative solution to JW' solution.

If you have Adobe Acrobat Writer (comes with Distiller) then you can use Acrobat or your own stamps! Just saves as again your document as PDF and you'll have a PDF with a stamp!

In case you don't have Adobe Acrobat Write, then use JW tip.

-Hora

Does anyone know how to get an inserted excel worksheet to show up on the PDF file? I print proe drawings to a PDF file via the distiller, but the worksheet I inserted into the drawing does not come through on the PDF, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back