Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WaterWorks DOS version assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLervik

Civil/Environmental
Nov 2, 2003
US
I'm trying to use the WaterWorks 4.0 DOS version on my new Windows XP platform. It seems to run the batch file, but no window pops up.
Has anyone figured this out?
Thanks in advance.

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've worked 2 places where we have not been able to get WaterWorks to run in the XP environment. I am on XP now, but we have maintained a computer running Win98 for the sole purpose of running WaterWorks and a few other oldies but goodies.

We also have Stormshed (the latest evolution of WaterWorks) for our XP machine but I personally prefer Waterworks, it is so much easier and faster to use once you have experience with it. Therefore I recommend getting an old computer that will still run Waterworks rather than upgrading to Stormshed.

Thanks for the advise. I believe there's a way to have a second hard-drive on this machine with a different version of Waterworks on it - then I would just have to re-boot to the other drive. Annoying, yes, but at least it would work.
Otherwise, I'll agree that Waterworks is a very good little program. Proof that "upgrades" aren't always better.

I finally got around to trying to get WaterWorks to work. I installed an old hard drive in my new computer, installed Win98 in it (supposedly anything pre-NT works) and set up a dual boot environment. Basically, I wasted an entire day because my version of WaterWorks kept giving me an error. I suspect that the files I have are corrupted.
Is there any chance that the you have the old free-ware distribution file from Engenious? If you do, could you send it to me?
Thanks for your time.

Dave
Dave.lervik@comcast.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back