Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ways to join thin components in a secure way and quick to unfasten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoster

Aerospace
Jul 2, 2022
GB
Picture3_zc27vs.png
Hi guys/gals,

I am looking for ways to securely fasten components together for aerospace applications and in ways that can be quickly unfastened if replacement is required.
I have two main components, (1) a cylindrical (non-circular cross-section) lip in front of (2) a cylindrical barrel (non-circular as well). Two additional components attach at the (3) top and (4) bottom that provide structural support and load mitigation.
All are connected at the interface between the lip and the barrel, though there is space limitation at the higher half, so bolt joining (1) with (3) is not possible. Also, bonding (1)-(3) with adhesives is not preferred. Preferably, the joint should be fastened-unfastened at one (the bottom) location.

I am looking forward to any answer.

Thanks,
T. S.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you won't take time to make a diagram, should we all spend the afternoon creating our own so you can reply that's not what you were doing?

I don't think dzus fasteners will work ... does this thing deploy, or is this like a maintenance access ??

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back