Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WB: External Data with two input files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickfischer51

Mechanical
Jun 27, 2013
US
Trying to import external data and I get “Error Data in the worksheet is invalid. Please correct before proceeding to import.” The External Data is two files, actually the same file entered twice, and the second is rotated 90 degrees. Either file can be imported correctly separately, the problem only occurs when there are two files in External Data. I suppose I could use two external data items, but I have convection to bring in as well and apply it to 45 cooling channels. 45 external datas would be a bit messy. Anybody seen this before?

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I got it working. I was doing it wrong. I had an external data file with two flux mappings. In WB, I inserted one heat flux and tried to apply both mappings That only works if each mapping is at a different time step. Instead, you need to insert two heat fluxes, and tell it which mapping to use in the magnitude column of the data view.

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back