Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

we are looking for a personal remote alarm system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moondog

Electrical
Apr 10, 2002
US
We have 2 polymer processes that are controlled by Dcs system (delta-v). Our operators can not stay in the control room were the alarms are all the time. We are looking for a alarm system that can utilize a radio system or pagers. This way the operator would have alarm access no mater where they are on the property.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't get it. What's the point of being able to get the alarm if they can't execute a shutdown, or whatever?

Do they have to go running across the entire plant to get back to the control room? Doesn't sound very safe to me.

TTFN

FAQ731-376

Are the moonDOG, monkeyDOG names a weird co-incidence, or it this a set up.

Regards
Pat
See FAQ731-376 for tips on use of eng-tips by professional engineers for professional engineers

IRstuff (Aerospace) 21 Nov 08 0:37
I don't get it. What's the point of being able to get the alarm if they can't execute a shutdown, or whatever?
We just installed a new line and it has a dump valve. It dumps polymer into a metal container. They have time but if they are out getting readings or something else. They need to address the problem before we have a large pile of polymer with a metal container in the middle. We have used horns in the past for alarms we just wanted to take the next step and try something else. We do not want to have customers in the plant and a loud horn go off in there ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back